Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why doesn’t arlo go 2 have sound detection?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
frkkie
Tutor
Tutor

Besides my new arlo go 2 camera that does not stay connected…I’m totally bummed that it has no sound detection. It’s like I only have 1/2 a camera now.

I liked it better than all my old arlo go’s which were way more buggy than my new arlo go 2. I was going to buy a couple more but without the sound detection and $249 plus tax  & $20 a month plus tax and misc fees for service (Verizon) plus $14 month plus tax and misc fees  for insurance. now after the trial it looks like I’ll have to pay $3 a month plus tax for cloud which I didn’t have to do with the old arlo go’s.

I don’t have time to get a ladder and remove the sd card just to look at it on a computer. What if I don’t own a computer or if it quits working? Oh yea plus the cost of the stupid SD card that you can’t even view thru the app or web site…

why no sound detection? Please give arlo 2 go sound detection and make it a whole camera again. That will sorta justify the $3 plus tax a month cloud fee and how often it goes off line and only records a few seconds of video. 

I live in BFE and been dealing with arlo go cameras since they came out. So I do not need any trouble shooting advice from yall that you read from your script, especially when in India and have no clue and I can’t understand your English with the heavy Indian accent. sorry…

tech support is usually a waste of time, except the last time I actually got someone 90 miles away and he replaced my old arlo go with this new one that can’t pick up sounds. ☹️

1 REPLY 1
Dannybear
Master
Master

It doesn’t make sense to me either since you can have audio to recordings.

To speculate it is likely a hardware design flaw that was not picked up before manufacturing. Easiest workaround is to remove the feature at the app level. 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation