Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go - does it require internet and a subscription?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hamiltons24
Follower
Follower

Hello, I've been considering purchasing an Arlo Go camera. I was unaware that there are two Arlo Go models. I'm interested in the model that doesn't require an internet connection. I was wondering if it's required to have an Arlo service plan? I understand that there is a monthly charge. If the camera works without a service plan. What are the perks for having a service plan? I want to make the right choice before making the purchase. I would really appreciate your feedback. Thank you Scott

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any Arlo camera needs Internet access for both setup as well as operation. The original Go, if you can find one, does not require an Arlo subscription but the new Go 2 does. Both also need a working SIM for that Internet connection so the carrier will require an appropriate plan through them.

The Go 2 does support a microSD card but you need to physically access the camera so you can remove the card for viewing on a computer. Maybe there will be an update to allow access to those recordings via the app but that will still require Internet access. This camera does also support a WiFi connection so if there is a way to connect that way things may work out.

The Arlo sub gives you various things but the most important is cloud recordings that can be viewed from afar.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation