Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

non recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Fenderone1
Follower
Follower

units worked as advertised for 6 weeks or so, then stopped recording. just show live pics of the scene...no past movement.

Tried all the suggestions to reset, no good. Then started to get notices from Arlo to PAY a fee  to continue to get the features I originally purchased the cameras for. Is this even legal ? There was no advice that I would need to pay an on-going fee to get the features i wanted. Even had to pay for a new Base. It was touted that Arlo base units suited all camera models. mmmm....feel a bit ripped off.....

(the pro cameras I had died, except for one which still does the job I purchased it for )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fenderone1 wrote:

units worked as advertised for 6 weeks or so, then stopped recording. just show live pics of the scene...no past movement.

The trial subscription lasts for 3 months (and starts when the cameras are onboarded).  After that, you need a subscription (or get a smarthub and use direct access to local storage).

The need for a subscription is on the packaging, so it is legal.  The Arlo website also says that Arlo Secure is needed for video recordings, but I think that is too easily missed.  I'd like it better if that wasn't in a footnote. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fenderone1 wrote:

The trial subscription lasts for 3 months (and starts when the cameras are onboarded).  After that, you need a subscription (or get a smarthub and use direct access to local storage).

The need for a subscription is on the packaging, so it is legal.  The Arlo website also says that Arlo Secure is needed for video recordings, but I think that is too easily missed.  I'd like it better if that wasn't in a footnote.