Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Wish I Could Return These - Battery last 2 weeks at most; unarmed, not used, battery optimized

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DanLC
Follower
Follower

Buyer Beware

I bought a 3 pack of these newer models to replace my older style(VMC3030) battery powered ones.  What a huge mistake.   The batteries on the old ones lasted almost 6 months, fully armed, and through the dead of winter.   The rechargeable batteries on these new ones last 2 weeks at most; unarmed, not used, battery optimized, spots turned off, as well as anything else I could find that lowered battery usage but no help.  One of the three stays charged as it has a solar panel attached. 

When I had them armed using all the default settings to get them set up, the charge lasted but a few days even though they were triggered only a handful of times while testing.

These new ones are getting tossed in a box and old ones going back up.  Home is vacant for several months in winter and I can't have something that only holds a charge for a couple of weeks.

BTW, anyone know where I can buy more of the battery powered ones?  Will look on eBay again.

Buyer Beware

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DanLC,

Poor battery optimization is typically due to usage or poor signal strength. If you've ruled out usage isn't the issue, it's likely a problem with signal or WiFi interference. What does the signal strength icon show for the cameras?

JamesC

Darlene64
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a wireless camera in September and has the same problems as you. I just ordered an exterior plug for my type of Arlo and am gonna try keeping it plugged in all the time. I bought the solar panel but it didn't get enough light. Also, the Arlo was tempermental with the solar panel attached. Waist of money. The WiFi is full and only 20 ft away from my router. Only a window between them. Like you I have very little activity and have all the settings like you. I need this to work.