Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Will a Arlo SmartHub or Arlo base station improve my wifi connectivity?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jacandjack
Aspirant
Aspirant

New to this, so please ignore the ignorance.

I've purchased the Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras in 4 pack. 

They're around 58 metres away from my wifi range extender (Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Range Extender) and are struggling connectivity-wise at this distance. 

If I were to purchase an Arlo SmartHub or Arlo base station and connect it to the range extender using an ethernet cable, would that help the cameras' connectivity? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Probably not unless you use a long Ethernet cable to move the hub closer to the cameras. The hub is basically a stripped down router so it will work pretty much like your router or extender already does. Any chance you can move the extender closer to the cameras or the cameras closer to the extender?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Probably not unless you use a long Ethernet cable to move the hub closer to the cameras. The hub is basically a stripped down router so it will work pretty much like your router or extender already does. Any chance you can move the extender closer to the cameras or the cameras closer to the extender?

jacandjack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I suspected as much. Unfortunately they’re as close as they can get to each other to be able to do the job I need them to do.
Thanks for your quick response!