Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Where are the video settings?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Shrocky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to turn the spotlight off on some of my cameras, and all articles note a video settings option through either the app or web portal but I can't find it anywhere. There is Flicker Adjustment and Camera LED (which only has a Battery Fully Charged Indicator option).

Please let me know if I am missing something.

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shrocky wrote:

I want to turn the spotlight off on some of my cameras, and all articles note a video settings option through either the app or web portal but I can't find it anywhere. There is Flicker Adjustment and Camera LED (which only has a Battery Fully Charged Indicator option).

Are these the Essential Spotlight cameras? (FWIW, that is the model you selected for your discussion thread).

I first select "settings" from the main app page, and then "my devices".  When I select my Essential Spotlight camera I see

• Device On/off
  • Battery Status
  • Connected to status
  • Camera LED
  • Device Info
  • Device Utilities
  • Support
  • Video Settings
  • Activity Zones
  • Audio Settings

I have to scroll down to see anything after Device Info.

When I select "video settings" for this camera model in the app, I see

• brightness
  • rotate image 180
  • low light settings
  • power management

Selecting "Low Light Settings", I then see

• Spotlight
  • Night Vision
Shrocky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Those are the cameras I have but when I scroll down I see none of that. The only thing under support is Restart and Remove Device.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shrocky wrote:
Those are the cameras I have but when I scroll down I see none of that. The only thing under support is Restart and Remove Device.

Are you selecting the settings wheel next to the camera on the main page?

Shrocky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, here is a screenshot of the only options available to me. This is from the app, but it is identical when accessed through the web portal. Scrolling up or down only shows these options.

ScreenShot.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shrocky wrote:

Yes, here is a screenshot of the only options available to me. This is from the app, but it is identical when accessed through the web portal. Scrolling up or down only shows these options.

@JamesC , @ShayneS :  Can you kindly approve this screen shot?

@Shrocky :  You could also repost it using the file attachment (paper clip) underneath the text box.  Embedded images need to be approved by a mod before they are seen, and for some reason they haven't gotten to this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shrocky wrote:

ScreenShot.png

Try turning the camera on.