Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have arlo Essential Spotlight Camera current firmware version 1.090.32.1_55_07e3402.

I bought the hub VMB4540, plugged my usb stick and format and ready.

When I get back to my camera to change the storage from cloud to local storage, I don't see that option.

There is no place where I can change the storage type from cloud to local.

I have already went to Devices > Hub > Record Locally enabled.

my usb device is showed up Ready in hub settings.

Please advise.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shyboy wrote:

I have arlo Essential Spotlight Camera current firmware version 1.090.32.1_55_07e3402.

I bought the hub VMB4540, plugged my usb stick and format and ready.

When I get back to my camera to change the storage from cloud to local storage, I don't see that option.

There is no place where I can change the storage type from cloud to local.

I have already went to Devices > Hub > Record Locally enabled.

my usb device is showed up Ready in hub settings.

Please advise.

The camera needs to be connected through the base, and not through the local wifi. To do that you need to remove the camera from the account, and on-board it again.

Also, the direct access feature needs to be set up in the app - my.arlo.com won't work.  In addition the recordings can only be seen from the app (not the browser).

Shyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. 

After my trial is over.  I tried the steps you mentioned and it stuck on pairing.

I removed the camera from devices , then tried adding but it keep trying to find and then says that can't find. 

Blue led kept blinking on the camera during that time which tells me that camera is in pairing mode. 

Can you please help?

Shyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Never mind. 

It needed the factory reset before I try to join the local hub

Shyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

one question though. 

How do I watch the videos that are recorded on local storage without pulling the drive out of hub?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shyboy wrote:

one question though. 

How do I watch the videos that are recorded on local storage without pulling the drive out of hub?

If your app shows "Library", then instructions for viewing are here:

If instead your app shows "Feed" and Dashboard", then the instructions are here:

Shyboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is showing feed.  I follow the steps but no joy.  I even reinstalled the app too.

The other question is I do see ARLO_VMB_4567889455 wifi Ssid. What's the default password for that?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Shyboy 

Are you still experiencing this issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Shyboy wrote:

The other question is I do see ARLO_VMB_4567889455 wifi Ssid. What's the default password for that?

That's a closed WiFi Network created by the base.  It's only for the cameras.  You can't connect to it from your phone or PC - Arlo hasn't disclosed the password.

@Shyboy wrote:

It is showing feed.  I follow the steps but no joy.  I even reinstalled the app too.

So what are you seeing when you

1. go to the devices screen
  2. select the base station
  3. go into storage settings