Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Megdam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looking to add additional cameras to VMB3000. Am I better upgrading base prior though? I have 4 x VMC3030 cameras currently. Looking for rechargeables to add, possibly upgrade to VMB5000. Any advice appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have 4 x VMC3030 cameras currently. Looking for rechargeables to add, possibly upgrade to VMB5000. Any advice appreciated. 

You can have up to a total of 5 cameras while maintaining the free 7 day storage you prob currently have....

I do recommend at least upgrading to a newer base ( at least the 4000 ) if you are going to add Pro / Pro2 cameras.

You can upgrade the cameras one at a time if needed as you switch over.

If you go to the newer cameras, then you will need a subscription after the trial period.

( you can upgrade the base without a subscription )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have 4 x VMC3030 cameras currently. Looking for rechargeables to add, possibly upgrade to VMB5000. Any advice appreciated. 

You can have up to a total of 5 cameras while maintaining the free 7 day storage you prob currently have....

I do recommend at least upgrading to a newer base ( at least the 4000 ) if you are going to add Pro / Pro2 cameras.

You can upgrade the cameras one at a time if needed as you switch over.

If you go to the newer cameras, then you will need a subscription after the trial period.

( you can upgrade the base without a subscription )

Megdam
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply TomMac. So I’m thinking I will upgrade base to the 5000, it will support my current older cameras as I changeover gradually? I will look at upgrading subscription if needed too as I think the Pro2 cameras are the way to go.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... the 5000 base will support both older and newer cameras