United States

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bueno96
Follower
Follower

Hi! We bought an arlo essential camera back in 2022 and we moved so we didn’t set it up since then. We just set it up and it’s working on the main account. How can I add friends and family? I have gone through the add family button tab and they receive the email. However, once they hit the “get started” and they log in and go back to the app it doesn’t show the camera. What do we need to do? Also my interface looks different than my wife’s even though we both have iPhones. I have an 14pro and she has a 13 pro max. My does not even show the option for location. Please help! Thank you

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All users must see the same user interface (UI). New users get the new UI that uses Feed to view recordings. Anyone with the old UI that uses Library, including you, will need to migrate their accounts to the new UI. The current apps support both UIs so it's not an app issue.

To migrate, choose to add a Pro 5, security system or any Essential Gen. 2 camera, even though you don't have any of those. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. Note that the new UI is significant so you'll need to check things out fully. Custom modes that you may have created don't migrate and the new UI doesn't support them. Schedules and geofencing, if used, may need to be checked for proper operation.

Once everyone is on the new UI, the guest accounts should click on Home near the top and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets their own Home location so the guests accounts need to select yours to see the cameras. I suggest renaming Home to make it obvious which one to choose.