Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trigger Sound through Camera Speaker? (Arlo Essential)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JGMcG
Tutor
Tutor

I set up Arlo Essential cameras for a friend, who is mostly interested in seeing what wildlife creeps through her yard at night. She is upset to see deer feasting on her flowers, and would like to shoo them away.

She assures me that the lights in the cameras do come on, but the deer don't give a toss.

I came up with a brilliant idea, but I need some technical advice on IF and HOW it might be possible.

I see that there is an option to trigger a siren from the camera when it detects motion.

Could we set up a sound to play through the camera's speaker? She has some lovely recordings of prior doberman pinschers sounding VERY vicious, and even without being played at "full dog volume," I bet the bambi would turn tail and run.

Has anyone tried something like this? Has anyone succeeded?

THANKS!

(I would set her up with the siren, but her neighbors would not be happy!)

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JGMcG,

While you wouldn't be able to automatically play a pre-recorded audio clip, you can configure the camera to sound a siren on motion detection. For more information on how to set this up, see here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062135/How-do-I-turn-the-siren-on-my-Arlo-camera-on-or-off

JamesC

JGMcG
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks, JamesC. I believe in my original question I stated that I know how to set up a siren, but that it is not what is wanted in this situation.

I am hoping that someone has created a mod that will allow a pre-recorded sound to play over the speakers when motion is detected.