Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Syncing to iPhone

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jewhite47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Essential spotlight cameras model VMC2330. That model number is not listed on the app for setup. Tried multiple times to sync with my phone and fails to find my devices. Also the blinking blue light goes out before the syncing is complete. Help please.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jewhite47 wrote:

I have the Essential spotlight cameras model VMC2330. That model number is not listed on the app for setup. 

Choose "Essential Spotlight".  I think you purchased a 3 camera bundle, the actual camera model is VMB2030.

If the app is still failing, then I suggest using a PC/Mac (browsing to my.arlo.com).

Jewhite47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m at a loss

i have again verified my password and SSID #  I am on my 2.4G setting

i tried the model number you suggested VMB 2030 but no go. 
I have verified my camera information off of the packaging model VCM2330 is clearly printed on the paperwork and yes it is listed as Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras. I have tried to sync multiple times this evening I just can’t find a problem. The Arlo app works slick until it starts a search for Arlo equipment 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jewhite47 wrote:

i tried the model number you suggested VMB 2030 but no go. 
I have verified my camera information off of the packaging model VCM2330 is clearly printed on the paperwork and yes it is listed as Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras. 

Sorry, I meant VMC2030.  I'm not saying your packaging is incorrect.  Just that you purchased a bundle.  In most bundles, the number of cameras is the second digit (2330).  The part number of the individual camera is VMC2030.

Did you try onboarding using a Mac/PC browser as I suggested above?

Also check that the network security is set to WPA (AES).  If you have punctuation or spaces in the SSID or password, you might need to remove them.  Some characters won't work - unfortunately Arlo hasn't said which ones.