Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarth Hub doesn't sync with the camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
anelaviles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bouth the VMB4500 Base Station but it just doesn't sync with the camera.

Have somebody had these issues?

Are the VMB4500 Base station and Arlo Essential Cameras Compatible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. It may also be useful to press the hub's reset button until the LED starts flashing amber and let it reboot before claiming it again. Use the Sync button on the camera to do the same thing by holding it for >15 seconds until the LED flashes amber.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes it's compatible:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/Arlo-SmartHub-and-Base-Station-Compatibility

However, your process may need work. You first have to claim the base so it's in your account. Then you can sync the camera to the base but if the camera is already connected to your WiFi remove it from Settings, My Devices and then sync.

anelaviles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I tried removing the camera first and then sync again though the base station

but the base station just doesn't sync with the camera, it just like it just doesn't find the camera.

Could it be just be broken?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing everything from Settings, My Devices and start fresh. It may also be useful to press the hub's reset button until the LED starts flashing amber and let it reboot before claiming it again. Use the Sync button on the camera to do the same thing by holding it for >15 seconds until the LED flashes amber.

anelaviles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you very much

it actually worked