Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Request: Blur-function and Spotlight-deactivation

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DanHau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I would like to request a Blur-function. Preferably a way to "paint" areas to be blurred, such as public roads and others private property. The zoom-function you have is very limiting, especially since you can only select a rectangle with a specific aspect ratio which you can't rotate.

I would also like a way to disable the automatic toggling of the spotlight upon motion detection as it's not always desirable to have it turned on even though motion is detected.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DanHau wrote:

I would also like a way to disable the automatic toggling of the spotlight upon motion detection as it's not always desirable to have it turned on even though motion is detected.

FYI, you can already disable this.  Just go into the low-light video settings, and you'll see a spotlight control.  If you turn this off, you should make sure nightvision is on.

DanHau
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ah, thank you! I've looked all over, but clearly missed this

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DanHau wrote:

I've looked all over, but clearly missed this

Yeah, the settings are scattered a bit.

BTW, I like your blur idea. One challenge is that the camera doesn't know how far away objects are.  So performance would be at best similar to what zoom and other conferencing apps with background blur can do - not perfect, and in some cases the person/object of interest will be blurred inappropriately.

However, a future camera could have a depth sensor, which would enable a really clean implementation of this feature, and could also have other benefits.

DanHau
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see your point, but a paint-function would really help me(and probably a lot of people), because my cameras are set quite high, so any person or vehicle would never be so close they would cover the top pixles in the frame, which is where the road is.