Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording delay

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Nathlie88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I receive an alert for a vehicle, for instance, but when I go to the recording there is no vehicle. It has recorded, but there is nothing there. Appears to be a lag when it starts recording, but it has picked up the motion.
Once or twice it has completely not recorded when it should have; I've left the house.
Help please!
It's worrying that there's a car at my house, but there's no recording of it
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd suggest testing the motion detection to see what's up. Drive your own car in various ways to see if it still happens. ALso consider your camera positioning - aim it so the street isn't in view.

Nathlie88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, when I wave my hand in front of the camera there is a lag in motion recording. When someone walks within the recording zone there is a lag.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Nathlie88 wrote:

Hi, when I wave my hand in front of the camera there is a lag in motion recording. When someone walks within the recording zone there is a lag.

There will be a slight delay with any wireless Internet camera. Mine is about 5 seconds in Live view. For recordings if on battery only the cam has to "wake up" to record. If on AC you would have the 3 second lookback or "Foresight"  feature since it is always awake.