Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notifications only for package?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Milzit
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have my mode configured to record video in armed but without notification. I only see “motioned is detected” under edit mode.
Is it possible to get notifications only when package is detected?
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

This is currently functioning as designed. To receive package notifications, motion alerts for people need to be active at this time. I have requested for a feature enhancement and I will provide further updates when received.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Milzit wrote:
I have my mode configured to record video in armed but without notification. I only see “motioned is detected” under edit mode.
Is it possible to get notifications only when package is detected?

Assuming you have a subscription:

The way to do this is to enable notifications again in the armed mode.  Then go into smart notifications, and turn off the notification categories you don't want there.

SupermanBatman
Initiate
Initiate

I've attempted this but it doesn't work. After pretty extensive testing I have found that I am only able to get package notifications if the "people" smart detection is enabled and the system is "armed". If I disable "people" smart detections packages are not detected. I used the same package and walked up and placed it at my front porch dozens of times methodically changing the settings and that combo was the only one that worked. Unfortunately that means I have to get notifications for all people so if my kids are playing outside I will get bombarded. Arlo should make these controls more granular. You should be able to enable package notifications only during the day for example and notifications for people, packages, and vehicles at night.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SupermanBatman Thank you for the update 

I have notified the team & I will provide an update on this for you as soon as possible. 

Milzit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I also have the same issue. The package notification gives alerts for all persons.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is currently functioning as designed. To receive package notifications, motion alerts for people need to be active at this time. I have requested for a feature enhancement and I will provide further updates when received.

Thank you