Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Bvegas
Aspirant
Aspirant

arlo 2.jpg 

arlo 1.jpg

Hi! I purchased Arlo Secure Annual Plan and received an e-mail that says I need to redeem my subscription on website. I followed the instructions and went to settings then subscriptions page but it doesn't show anything in here. Tried to contact with live support but it says auto-message says it cant help me.... SMH. I got charged twice for the plan I can't even use. Anyone know how to activate subscription and how to get a refund??

(Screen shots are attached)

  

12 REPLIES 12
kellyschu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bvegas,

Are you in a country that supports subscription plans? For more information on where subscription plans are supported, take a look here: https://kb.arlo.com/88/What-are-the-available-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-i...

JamesC

Bvegas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I am in USA

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

kellyschu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please post if you find a solution. Yesterday I chatted with customer support and got nowhere. I got my code directly through Arlo ( free wired doorbell with paid annual subscription promo).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kellyschu,

If you're in a country that supports subscriptions, you should be able to manage your subscriptions from https://my.arlo.com/#/home

From there navigate to Settings > Subscription. You can apply your promo code during checkout.

JamesC

kellyschu
Aspirant
Aspirant

It should be that easy, but my problem is I already have a monthly subscription plan. I was gifted the annual subscription. When I enter the code it doesn’t work and says that I already have a subscription plan. I’m thinking I will have to cancel the monthly subscription and wait until my billing month is over. Then restart the subscription as an annual plan.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kellyschu,

Correct. You will need to change or cancel your existing subscription.

JamesC

dl_foster
Guide
Guide

I am having the same problem. I purchased a monthly Arlo Secure plan, then received an offer of a free camera with the purchase of an annual Arlo Secure plan. I chatted with customer service before I took advantage of the offer, and they said it would not be a problem to change from one plan to the other. 

I took advantage of the offer. Since then, it has been a month, I have tried repeatedly to activate the annual plan, and I get this error:

Arlo Error - False Code.png

I canceled the monthly subscription and tried activating the annual plan — the same error. Now my monthly plan has ended, I tried activating again - same error. Arlo customer support is telling me to wait until all my videos have been completely deleted from my account and try again. 

It does not seem right that I can not get a service I have paid for to work or go days without fully functional cameras.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, I would love to hear it.

dl_foster
Guide
Guide

That solution has not worked for me.

kellyschu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got my annual subscription code to work.  I cancelled my monthly subscription and waited for the billing cycle to end, then added the annual code to my account and it worked.  I did not have to cancel the free trial subscription that came with my doorbell.  I did lose all my previous recordings that were from my monthly subscription so you need to save any that you want to keep.

dl_foster
Guide
Guide

Mine finally worked, too, after canceling the monthly subscription, etc. It took over a month, but it is done.

Now to see what happens next year when the annual plan comes due. I did note that they do not show the amount to be charged in 2024.