Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 Floodlight range and angle

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
StephenBlakely
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - some help for a novice please. Two Q: (1) - With the Pro3 Floodlight, can I mount it and 'twist' it so it is at an angle? I need it to view down the side of the house and a little to the front. If I mount it 'straight on' as it were it will pick up everything from the pavement/road, so I want to mount it in the outside corner of the house, looking 'down' the side/sideways of the house. Does that make sense? Basically looking along not just outwards. Also related to this what is the battery life and motion detection range? I understand its up to 23 Feet. (2) Related to this I need to cover about 36ft so would I better be going for Essential Spotlight? I need range basically so whatever product fits best. Video quality not a concern - 1080 is fine. Many thanks, S

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1) You can but there's no setting to rotate the view by 90 degrees, just 180. You could possibly use a gutter mount or one of many other threaded mounts that extend far enough for you to not have to twist the camera (unless that's the only option). I bought some mounts a long time ago that had extensions to allow extra length for the camera to be positioned differently.

Battery life is similar to other Arlo cameras but still depends on the total number of minutes per day of recording and live viewing with <5 minutes per day being the goal. Motion detection for the PIR sensors is still ~25 feet for people, same as with any other PIR sensor.

2) What do you mean by "cover about 36 feet"? That's the size of the area to be covered or the distance you want detection? If the latter, the above mentioned ~25 feet is what you'll get regardless of the camera choice. While I prefer the floodlight for the bright light, it may be better to use 2 Essential spotlight cameras to cover what you need.

StephenBlakely
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for your quick reply and apologies for the delay in mine. That's really helpful.

One follow up question please: we will likely go Arlo Essential XL for battery life but nearly all stockists only have white ones and we want black. Does anyone know of black silicone covers that are available for the Arlo Essential XL please? Quick search only yields some for the non XL version. If we could get some black silicon covers then we could go ahead and buy the white ones and just slip the black cover over them.

Many thanks again 👍

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The XL version is likely the issue. You may be able to paint the case if you're careful about covering the camera face as well as the bottom where the USB port and sync button are located.

I do see skins for the Pro 4 XL but I can't vouch for their fit/utility.