Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Per Camera Price Change after 1 month?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AMH7
Aspirant
Aspirant

My free trial expired on my Essentials XL so I got the basic subscription for $2.99 per camera.  I applied it to 2 cameras and purchased it for a total of $5.98. Great.  After it went through, it shows on my account that it will charge me for next month for... $8.97.    Where is $8.97 coming from instead of $5.98?  That appears to be a price for 3 cameras but it says "2 of 4 cameras participating" (the other 2 are really old Arlo cameras that have always had "free" recording to the cloud and are thus "no plan").  But even if you added those old cameras, that would be 4 cameras.

Anyone have ideas on what's happening?  

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you mind providing me a screenshoot via PM?

Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @AMH7

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JanerQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem.  I subscribe to a special of 6.99 unlimited cameras, now my cost is 9.99.  

I am hoping this is an error because I would hate to think this is Arlo's practice--> which would mean this is called bait and switch, which is unethical and warrants contacting multiple regulatory bodies.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the details for this promo? Where was it listed?