Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I recently had some caneras replaced under warranty and began to set them up in the usual manner. 

Firstly, it took AGES to get them to see the QR code then even longer to finish the set up stage. 

We then ove onto firmware change to 1.090.32.1_55_07e3402 and NOTHING is behaving like it should. THe camera section on the mobile app lists the cameras but just constantly says "update available, please update". I do this CONSTANTLY and in between connection failures something just isn't right. 

THe cameras seem to be doing something. i get alerts for motion but nothing else. I can see the lights flashing when the firmware is being updates but this is really silly. Arlo, you're better than this! 

@JamesC - can you please pick this up? 

15 REPLIES 15
DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additional information. The old (working) cameras are model number  VMC2030AerH and the new ones VMC2030AerH9

I've now spent almost 5 hours trying to suss this out. I checked one of the old cameras i had before i send them back and this confirms they are OK with the new firmware version: 1.090.32.1_55_07e340

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DJA440 

Are you still experiencing this issue with the replacement camera(s)?

Have you tried factory resetting the camera and try re-onboarding again? 

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS   Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately yes and I THINK I’ve reset everything to factory but the only way I knew how to do that is a long hold of the buttons? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DJA440 

If it was via these steps here than yes you likely did: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS - yep, already tried. What’s the options now?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DJA440 If these replacement cameras are not onboarding after the factory reset I would suggest to reach out to the Support Team again and let them know these new cameras are having trouble onboarding. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS Thanks again for the support. 

The frustrating thing is that the cameras ARE working. I get alerts when they detect motion and the light comes on when motion detected it's just the management view always says firmware update available and i try and do the firmware update to no avail. 

DJA440_0-1697530836271.png

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is REALLY annoying. There can't be an issue with ALL THREE brand new cameras refusing to take the firmware. 

@ShayneS @JamesC - i noticed this thread that seems similar but i don't have a base station? They are directly connected to the wifi router in the house?

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/camera-firmware-refuses-to-update/td-p/1104898#:~:text=One%20more....

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

last update for now. I've opened a case with Arlo UK and they confirm they are aware of this issue and they are "Actively" working on it. But no timescales. 

Frustrating to say the least!

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS - i have a case running but updates aren't exactly swift. Do you have any routes into chasing this up on my behalf? 

Thanks for everything so far. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DJA440 Do you have the case number?

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS hi, yes. It's 00569011

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DJA440 Thank you, after reviewing I verified that this is a known issue. Your support team will only be able to provide new information as it's received, but I will monitor this and update this thread with more info as soon as possible. 

DJA440
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS - i'm not sure if you have influenced this but Arlo have been in touch and proposed a soution that i'm happy with. Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DJA440 

You are welcome, glad I could help.