Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Outdoor essential spotlight exterior wall mounts won’t hold in position

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
42Panic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have several of the exterior wall mounts for the essential spotlight cameras and they just won’t hold in place. The wing-nut screw just won’t tighten on the round ball regardless of how tight the rod is screwed into the camera or how tight the 1/4 inch tightening nut is. I have to recharge the cameras at least once a month with moderate use so an easy to use wall mount that holds in place is important if i don’t want to be spending a lot of time repositioning the camera every time I recharge them. The cameras also won’t stay in place when I get lucky enough to have positioned them correctly, they droop eventually. I’d prefer not to have to buy the fifty dollar a piece plastic magnetic holders or the forty dollar a piece external chargers just to forgo this problem. My thumb is bruised from trying to tighten that wing-nut and still it droops. Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@42Panic wrote:

I have several of the exterior wall mounts for the essential spotlight cameras and they just won’t hold in place. 

Any suggestions?

The screw threads are standard 1/4 inch, so there are lots of third-party mounts you could purchase.

42Panic
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras came with 3 wall mounts, one for each camera. I’m trying to figure out how to use the ones that came with the cameras instead of having to spend more money. I’m concerned that the original mounts the cameras came with are designed to fail forcing customers to spend more money on Arlo products as I’ve seen multiple threads pertaining to this exact issue. I’m also concerned because I can’t for the life of me understand how the mounts are supposed to work. The wing-nut tightening screw just won’t grab the metal ball on the rod screwed into the camera. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Mine do hold up my cameras, though I have seen some tendency to droop.  This is more likely with the larger and heavier XL model, not the normal spotlight. Sometimes rotation can help.