Not able to set up my essential spotlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ksnevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Performed all steps to set up cameral but nothing happens. Have viewed troubleshooting steps and no issues

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksnevin wrote:

Performed all steps to set up cameral but nothing happens. Have viewed troubleshooting steps and no issues

Can you describe what happens?

For instance, is the QR code being scanned correctly (resulting in a chime sound)?

ksnevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, heard the chime after scanning the QR code and then after "buffering" I receive a large red X and a message that camera could not be found.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksnevin wrote:

Yes, heard the chime after scanning the QR code and then after "buffering" I receive a large red X and a message that camera could not be found.

Ok. 

1. double-check that the wifi network security is using wpa2 (AES).
  2. If you can disable 5 ghz in your router, then do before onboarding (turning it back on later).
  3. If the app still fails, try onboarding from a PC browser (my.arlo.com)

Make sure you select the Essential Spotlight when you "add device".  Just selecting "essential" will fail.

Philpug
Aspirant
Aspirant

My original Arlo Doorbell quit working after a year which was the Essential Video Doorbell Wired.

We thought that the wiring may be the issue so we purchased the Wire-Free. 

I have not been able to get the doorbell camera to chime when its time for it to read the QR code from my mobile. 

I have verified the internet is more than adequate for this system and have no issues with the other 4 cameras I have in and around my home. 

Bummed about this. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Philpug wrote:

I have not been able to get the doorbell camera to chime when its time for it to read the QR code from my mobile. 

That means the camera isn't able to scan the code.

You could try printing it from https://qifi.org

Then use the printed version instead of your phone.