Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No videos recorded in the library

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Baco
Follower
Follower

Hello everyone,

I've had a Arlo Q wired for a very long time now, and purchased a Essential Spotlight a few months ago. With the Arlo Q, without any subscription, the camera would always create temporary clips which would be deleted after 30 days, and the same seemed to happen when I got the Essential Spotlight.

Now I get notifications of movement etc on the Arlo Essential, but nothing shows up in the gallery, so what is the use of the camera? I also seem to have lost the option to record video when viewing the live stream of the camera.

I've restarted the device and the same thing happens - I get notifications that movement or whatever was captured on the device, and when I click the notification I can't see anything. If I click on the library, nothing is there.

I turned on my Arlo Q to test, and it seems it still works as before, I get notifications, the videos are properly recorded into the library, and I also have the option to record video when viewing the live stream.

The reason why I purchased another camera from Arlo was because of the free rolling 30 day recording that would automatically be deleted. It was a great service which now seems to be gone, or am I missing something?

The 6 months battery duration is also very far from actual results. If I can get 2 months out of it I'm lucky. I've already had to recharge it twice, and will need to charge it again soon, already at 30% battery. Bought it on August 28th, that's 105 days ago.

Long story short, the Arlo Q works, the Arlo Essential doesn't.

Thanks for any help!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any camera newer than the Pro 2 requires a subscription for cloud recordings. The Essential should have had a 3 month trial sub when first onboarded but that times out and you'll need a sub to continue to get the recordings.