Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No cameras were found during setup

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wiztech38
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday i noticed my camera was not working as in connecting i did tons of reboots of it and my internet and whenever i try to add new device i go through the steps to readd it it comes up no cameras are found. Its not even a year old. Is it dead already. I spoke to arlo many times by chat on other issues they told me to read the camera cause it would not connect.

Can someone tell me if its dead or not or whats going on?

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wiztech38 wrote:

Yesterday i noticed my camera was not working as in connecting i did tons of reboots of it and my internet and whenever i try to add new device i go through the steps to readd it it comes up no cameras are found.

• Is it getting past the QR code scan (chiming)?
  • Have you tried doing this from both the app and a PC (browse to my.arlo.com)?
  • Is your WiFi network secured with WPA2?
  • Are there any unusual characters (or punctuation) in your network name or password?

@Wiztech38 wrote:

I spoke to arlo many times by chat on other issues they told me to read the camera cause it would not connect.

If you've checked all the above, and Arlo support says to return/replace the camera under warranty, then I think that's the next step,

Wiztech38
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the past i had to redo the camera do to it kept going offline with weak internet before i got a extender it was fine up till i think sometime in nov it went offline for good so arlo by chat told me to delete the camera and readd it thats what i been trying to do, 

Gets past q scan with scan 

yeah it use to let me connect using app or from the site no issues it kept spinning connect for long time So by chat they told me to delete it and i do not know why it wont find a camera now after removing it. It sync light just fine and charges ok too.

Yes by spectrum internet. 

No one it stars off Myspectrum as my wifi name with numbers and letters.

After i hear of sound from q scan it goes to the step looking for camera and it now taking over 10 mins to find then it comes up error no cameras found.