Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AliRodri98
Aspirant
Aspirant

my free trial doesn't expire until April of this year but i'm trying to figure out and understand what will change if i don't purchase a plan.

I have the VMB4540 SmartHub and I have 4 Arlo Essential Cameras.

I currently see notifications with a small picture in them. 

What will not be happening if I don't have a plan? does this affect the Arlo app?

7 REPLIES 7
dcfox1
Master
Master

You would still get generic notifications but not the smart ones. This explains it. 

What options will I have when the Arlo Smart 3-month trial plan ends?

Edit: That link is for the Ultra 1 year but it is the same for a 3 month trial. 

Robbelothe
Initiate
Initiate

You'll get a notification to your mobile device BUT the video isn't saved ANYWHERE apparently. (That's my experience now that my Arlo Smart trial is over.) So, all you know is that SOMETHING was detected by the camera ("Front porch detected activity at 0245.") but that's it. There is no video to see.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Robbelothe wrote:

You'll get a notification to your mobile device BUT the video isn't saved ANYWHERE apparently. (That's my experience now that my Arlo Smart trial is over.) So, all you know is that SOMETHING was detected by the camera ("Front porch detected activity at 0245.") but that's it. There is no video to see.

Yes that is correct. If the cams are connected to a Hub/base you can use local storage for the recordings. On wifi no recordings without smart since they would be on the cloud. 
@

AliRodri98
Aspirant
Aspirant

so i did buy the hub- i can store the videos there like you said but does that mean that i will see a video or i still won't see a video on the app when i get a notification? (this is still the question- what happens if i don't get the smart plan).

dcfox1
Master
Master

@AliRodri98 wrote:

so i did buy the hub- i can store the videos there like you said but does that mean that i will see a video or i still won't see a video on the app when i get a notification? (this is still the question- what happens if i don't get the smart plan).

Yes you can in the app with a smart hub. The downside is you have to download the recording to view it. If on the smart plan with cloud recordings you see them right away. For the rest of what happens it is in the link of what happens without a plan. 

bowhuntress62
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have the arlo essential spotlight cameras and my free trial just expired  so i had this thing come up on the app for my cameras ac power has been disconnected from your arlo device ..activity zones are currently disabled ...mind you my cameras are wireless no power well i chatted with support  and come to find out you have to buy plans or your arlo dont record in your library you would have to keep  doing your cameras live ..i didnt know that you had to purchase plans after the free trial guess should read the small print

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a supported base or hub that the cameras are connected to you can record locally for free. If connected via WiFi you need a subscription.