Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Owner Configuration Problem VMC2030

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TMHDesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a home that has 3 Arlo cameras on the outside of the home. On the bottom, there is a model number of VMC2030.

I am attempting to figure out how to set these up for my usage. I attempted to do so with the ARLO App, choosing "Essential Spotlight Camera & Essential XL Spotlight Camera" from the list (I hope that is correct as it looks like the image). 

I am assuming these wireless cameras need to be charged periodically. Correct? When I held the button on the camera bottom, I expected to see a blue light flashing to then use the QR code. 

In reading some troubleshooting problem information, I saw mention of a "base", and the previous owner needs to remove the camera from the same. The previous owner left a cable for charging, but nothing else. 

Upon plugging the camera charging cable in, the Blue light flashes, then an orange light, then nothing. 

Do I need a base? Is there a factory reset such as with the doorbell that requires a paperclip? Or do I hold the button on the camera's bottom to initiate resetting the camera? 

Thank you.

Tom

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You won't be able to onboard them unless the previous owner removed them from their account.

@TMHDesign wrote:

Do I need a base? 

No.

@TMHDesign wrote:

Is there a factory reset such as with the doorbell that requires a paperclip? Or do I hold the button on the camera's bottom to initiate resetting the camera? 

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera

TMHDesign
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is not correct. I was able to set it up with my app once it had been charged. This makes me wonder, someone could come by and grab the cameras, go home, reset them, and be on their way. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TMHDesign wrote:

That is not correct.

How do you know that the cameras weren't removed from their account???