Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Network issues - Netgear XR400 + Basic wire-free video doorbell + chime

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kjedrusiak11
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had successfully set up the camera and the chime. And both are working.

Intermittently my entire home network is losing connection to the internet. (optimum.net)

Never had this issue before installing the camera.

In fact, I just remembered that when I initially connected the doorbell camera it messed up the internet connection.

If I reset the modem and the router, everything comes back up.

I have pulled the battery on the doorbell camera and pulled the chime out of the wall socket.

It's been nearly two weeks without and networking issues.

Both devices were up to date.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kjedrusiak11 wrote:

However, since removing the doorbell and chime from the network for two full weeks now, I have not experienced the issue.

Probably worth adding them back (perhaps starting with the doorbell only), and see if the problem starts up again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using your own router or the ISP's? If the latter, I'd contact them.

kjedrusiak11
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's my own router. the firmware is up to date.

I'll consult their support site as well to see if others are having a similar issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It also could be the modem itself or other ISP-controlled issues since your whole network loses access.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not seeing the XR400 on Netgear's site.  Can you confirm the model?

Did Optimum provide the router? I am seeing that they do provide a gateway (for fiber, so not a modem),

If you are losing the full internet connection then this is unlikely to be the doorbell - more likely an issue with the router or the ISP.

kjedrusiak11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, it's an XR500 and it's my own router.  The modem is supplied by the ISP and was replaced after the issue started and did not resolve the problem.

I would have believed it's the router or the modem. I may replace the router ad it might be a combination of router and device.

However, since removing the doorbell and chime from the network for two full weeks now, I have not experienced the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kjedrusiak11 wrote:

Probably worth adding them back (perhaps starting with the doorbell only), and see if the problem starts up again.