Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My profile has the wrong country

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gigi555
Follower
Follower
Spoiler
How do I change the country under my profile?
4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gigi555 wrote:
How do I change the country under my profile?

This is determined when you create the account - were you in the country in your profile when the account was created?

It's not something you can change - not sure if support can do it for you, or if you need to create a new account.  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ), so they can tell you.

If you do need to create a new account, keep in mind that you will lose the subscription(s) - both paid and trial - when you onboard the cameras to the new account.  If you are on a trial subscription, I suggest waiting until it expires.  If you have a paid subscription, you will need to cancel in the current and resubscribe in the new one.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gigi555,

Are you referring to your profile here on the community? If so, that profile field is not adjustable and is not associated with your actual Arlo account in any way.

JamesC

jetlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot change the country in my profile. I accidentally created my profile in Japan and now even though my house is in the US, I cannot pay for subscriptions due to the profile thinking I'm in Japan. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jetlee,

The country code is applied to your account upon account creation.  You will need to create a new account while in the US.

JamesC