Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My arlo essential spotlight xl cameras won’t sync

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
AD24
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo essential spotlight xl cameras went offline I tried to reset them but now they won’t sync with the arlo app I tried all the troubleshooting instructions but that just made things worse please Arlo help 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

List all steps you've taken so far. Did you remove them from Settings, My Devices? Did you perform the reset procedure shown in https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-my-Arlo-wire-free-camera ?

AD24
Aspirant
Aspirant
I removed the cameras from the app I tried to sync them again but the app won’t recognize the cameras my cameras are connected directly to the router also but everything I try doesn’t work
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AD24 wrote:
I removed the cameras from the app I tried to sync them again but the app won’t recognize the cameras my cameras are connected directly to the router also but everything I try doesn’t work

Try adding them from a PC browser (my.arlo.com), as sometimes that will work when the app fails.

Also, if you can disable 5 ghz wifi in your router, try doing that, and then attempt to onboard again.  Of course make sure your phone is connected to your home wifi, and that any VPN is turned off.