Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My Video Doorbell will not record when motion is detected.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hthib
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a wireless Video Doorbell that I have had for 9 months.  Normally when I arm the unit and it detects motion it will send me a notification and start recording.  The recording will then show up in my library.  Today I still get the notifications when there is motion, but the doorbell will not record.  All of my other cameras still do.  I have not changed any settings.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hthib wrote:

I have a wireless Video Doorbell that I have had for 9 months.  Normally when I arm the unit and it detects motion it will send me a notification and start recording.  The recording will then show up in my library.  Today I still get the notifications when there is motion, but the doorbell will not record.  All of my other cameras still do.  I have not changed any settings.

Did you double-check the subscription status?

hthib
Aspirant
Aspirant

Currently I do not have a subscription plan.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hthib wrote:

Currently I do not have a subscription plan.

Cloud recording for the doorbell (like all currently sold cameras) requires a subscription.

Do you have the doorbell connected through a smarthub (VMB4540 orVMB5000)?  With direct access to local storage enabled?

hthib
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not use cloud storage. I have local storage enabled. Until a couple of weeks ago I had no issue with Video Doorbell recording motion.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hthib wrote:

I do not use cloud storage. I have local storage enabled. Until a couple of weeks ago I had no issue with Video Doorbell recording motion.

Have you double-checked the doorbell rule in the mode(s) you are using? (making sure it is still set to record)?

I also suggest ejecting the storage and connecting it to a PC - then browsing for the recordings.  That can sort out whether the issue is recording or retrieval.

hthib
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked the mode and it will not allow me to set to record. There was nothing on the storage. Plus there is nothing in the library when I get a notification.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hthib wrote:

I checked the mode and it will not allow me to set to record. There was nothing on the storage. Plus there is nothing in the library when I get a notification.

The only suggestion I have is to try a factory reset of the doorbell.  Remove it from the account first, and then add it back.

Annoying I know (and re-installing can be difficult).

hthib
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am currently out of town but will try this as soon as I get back home. I will let you know the results. 
Thank You