Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode icon keeps disappearing in Arlo android app

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gordonius
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I am a new user on a 3 month free trial subscription.

Pixel 5, Android version 13. Arlo app version 3.6.9_28472

I notice that the MODE icon at the foot of the Arlo app keeps disappearing.  The DEVICES and LIBRARY icons never disappear.

I have found a work around to get the MODE icon back by going to settings/subscription/close and then return to the Arlo app home screen and the MODE icon reappears.

Any ideas in how to stop the MODE icon disappearing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I normally see the Mode icon in maybe 15-ish seconds (never counted). Occasionally I have to force close the app when it gets stuck but that's not often. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Normal operation for the app is to display Devices and Library quickly but Mode takes a while. How long have you waited? It sounds like you're just not waiting long enough.

Gordonius
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

The MODE icon has not reappeared since I created this post which is 12+ hours ago. I assume in normal operation the icon should appear in a few minutes, is that correct?

Thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I normally see the Mode icon in maybe 15-ish seconds (never counted). Occasionally I have to force close the app when it gets stuck but that's not often. Have you rebooted the phone and reinstalled the app?

Gordonius
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I have rebooted my phone and the MODE icon is now consistently appearing (after about 5 seconds). 

I will continue monitoring and if I see the problem again I will uninstall and reinstall the Arlo app as suggested.

For now I am happy to close this issue as solved.

Thank you for your support - greatly appreciated.

Xmastree
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same issue.

Can you please elaborate by what you mean by going to the Setting/Subscription/close? Are you closing the app or just going back to the devices?

Thank you! 

Gordonius
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I meant just going back to DEVICES. Please note that this was just a work around and the problem kept reoccurring.

Since restarting my phone the problem has not reoccurred. So it turned out that a phone reboot was the permanent fix.

Hope that helps.

Xmastree
Guide
Guide

Thanks! Ill give it a try.