Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zebis
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all/Arlo,
I helped a family member change from cloud connected cameras to using a smart hub. Resetting each camera and syncing to the smart hub worked fine. The cameras are connected and record to external USB storage. I can see in the library the recordings, but they do not download or play. "Failed to download, try again". I tried on both iphone and Android with the latest updates and app, and both devices connected to the same network as the smart hub. The recordings are visible in Library, bit do not download/play. Removing the storage and plugging into a PC/Mac to view works. Only viewing locally via iphone/android does not. Any ideas why? Or what I should try? Everything else works minus the playback.
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You state a VMB3500 - is that correct? It's been a while but I don't believe the 3500 has a USB port.

Zebis
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry the actual base number is VMB4540-100AUS
I've selected the wrong base model in this article.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is a VPN in use? If so, disable it. WHen trying to view/download the videos, are all devices on the same network? It will be a pain but start by removing all devices and start fresh which can clear out any weirdnesses.

Zebis
Tutor
Tutor

There is no VPN, Arlo is plugged by ethernet into the router, phones are connected to the same router over WiFi.

The this is, the library lists the captures, which tells me the app is communicating with the SmartHub. Its only when you click on a thumbnail and want to download it, it fails. (Both iPhone and Android)

Once its working internally then I intend on using VPN/pinhole to enable externally.

arlo-141020_2.pngarlo-141047.jpg

Zebis
Tutor
Tutor

Just trying to post the images again. The previous ones just show black.

arlo-141047.jpgarlo-141020_2.png

arlo-141047.jpg
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Painful though it may be, I'd suggest the removal of all devices and starting fresh.