Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to record video only, without audio?

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jteller
Aspirant
Aspirant

At work, we have an Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera.  We want it to record only video, without audio.  I am guessing that this is not an option, since I've been poking around with the settings for a while without finding a way to do it, but before I give up I thought I would ask the community.  Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, as you suspected. Since the cameras have audio built-in, they will record using that audio. I suppose you could try a piece of tape over the mic opening on the camera face but that would likely just muffle the sound.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Turning off the microphone in the camera settings should prevent the camera from capturing audio on live streams and on triggered recordings.

Settings > locations and plans > devices > select your camera > Audio settings > Microphone toggle off

JamesC

jteller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James, however my settings do not include any Audio Settings or any other option I can find where I can toggle the microphone on/off.  That option is exactly the sort of thing I want!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jteller wrote:

Thanks James, however my settings do not include any Audio Settings or any other option I can find where I can toggle the microphone on/off.  That option is exactly the sort of thing I want!

You should see it in the camera settings.

Do you see "Library" on your main app screen?  Or do you see "Feed" and "Dashboard"?

jteller
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB, thanks.  My main screen shows me Feed and Dashboard.  My Video Settings only allows me to adjust Video Brightness.  Nothing else is included in the Video Settings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jteller wrote:

StephenB, thanks.  My main screen shows me Feed and Dashboard.  My Video Settings only allows me to adjust Video Brightness.  Nothing else is included in the Video Settings.

The device settings should show both Video and Audio Settings (along with other choices).  Can you post a screenshot of what you see on the device settings screen for this camera?

jteller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Here are two screen images showing the device settings overall and then the Video Settings tab in particular.

jteller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Capture1.JPG

jteller
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I keep hitting "post" before I mean to.  Urp.

Capture2.JPG

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Audio Settings is supposed to be on that screen (per https://kb.arlo.com/000062422/How-do-I-adjust-the-video-and-audio-settings-on-my-Arlo-device )

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) in case they want to follow up.