Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Wbear
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 of these same camera setup and working just fine,  now I trying to add a 4th one,  and I noticed the Arlo App doesn't have a "toggle" within the iPhone, settings>privacy... section that allows the app to use either the camera or the microphone.  I have deleted the app, reinstalled and  rebooted my phone, as well trying a iPad, and MacBook Pro,  I reviewed the dev page under about in app and confirmed I have the latest app version 3.5.12(3220) Dec 23,2021.  until I get the app to see my camera I can't get any new camera added as it not reading the QR code and there no way to manual, setup the camera without using this QR code process.  Please advise. 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wbear wrote:

I noticed the Arlo App doesn't have a "toggle" within the iPhone, settings>privacy... section that allows the app to use either the camera or the microphone.  

That's not the right place.  Look in settings->Arlo and you'll see the toggles for both camera and microphone there.

Wbear
Tutor
Tutor
Their is NO options at that location either. See screenshot
A5450DE3-335C-4A0C-8D2C-CFD898B3A414.png
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

What version of iOS are you running?

This is what I see with iOS 15.2:

permissions.jpg

Wbear
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I have the version 15.2 , IPhone 12, model # MGEG3LL/A as well.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wbear wrote:
Yes I have the version 15.2 , IPhone 12, model # MGEG3LL/A as well.

FWIW, I am using the iPhone 12 mini.  Also, I am running the 3.5.12 version of the app. So I am confused on why I am seeing the camera + microphone permissions, and you are not. 

If you try the add-device process, do you get a prompt asking for permission?

It's been a while since I on-boarded an Essential camera.  But what I remember is that the app displays a QR code for the Essential to scan.  That is generated from your WiFi network name and password.  I don't recall needing to scan a QR code in the app itself.  

Wbear
Tutor
Tutor
So, when you add a device, it not asking to permission to camera, it goes though steps, 1. Push the sync button (blue light), 2. enter Wi-Fi said and pwsd (yes it correct), and on 2.4 band, 3. Point camera at QR you should get a chime! This is where the App within iPhone needs permission to use, of course I don’t get the chime, and pairing timeout. I just at mercy of the app, I am just going to return the camera. Since there no way to get attached to my network and the app not working correctly I guess 3 camera will have to be good enough. TY for your reply a help. Happy New Year
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wbear wrote:
 3. Point camera at QR you should get a chime! This is where the App within iPhone needs permission to use, 

Just to clarify - you are pointing the Arlo camera at the iPhone screen.  So I don't understand what iPhone permissions have to do with this.