Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing not working v 4.0.3

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Second
Aspirant
Aspirant

GEOFENCING STILL NOT WORKING on version 4.0.3, so please do a rollback to version 3, until YOUR problems are solved! After downgrade to version 3, i have no problems with geofencing. Your welcome..

8 REPLIES 8
DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

I feel your pain.  It seems like Version 4 was released too early.  The geofencing is a mess.  Arlo, please address this issue soon so that we can all move on and get back to our lives.  Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GF is working fine here. Are you on the old interface or new? You might want to try forcing the new one by installing a Pro 5 or security system (you don't have to have one), migrate and then cancel the install. Note that you can't go back and modes don't transfer over so you start fresh learning the new interface and how to set things up.

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks so much for giving me a hand!!  Much appreciated and why I love this community board.

OK, I am on the new one, Arlo Version 4.  I had been on Arlo Version 3, supporting 3 Arlo Pro 4 camera's, an Arlo WiFi doorbell w/ chime, and an Arlo Base Station.  When I added the Arlo Home Security System, it took me to Arlo Version 4.  At that point I added the security keypad and 3 All-in-one sensors.  I still have a couple sensors to add, but am waiting to get things cleared up first.

You are correct about once you move forward, that's it.  Also, it's really quite a paradigm shift.

With Arlo Version 3, everything worked just fine.  Geofencing was not a problem.  It worked upon leaving, returning, and my evening schedule worked great too.

Since Arlo Version 4, the geofencing has been a mess.  I'm with the group of users that can't get things straightened out with "specific people" regarding arrive/leave automations (i.e. geofencing).  The SW is divining specific people from somewhere.  It's just my wife and I on the system; each having a user account.  I'm the main, and "invited" her.  We each have 1 iPhone.  The specific people show up as "iPhone", "Jane's iPhone", and "iPhone".  So, with the 2 of us, why 3 people?  Can't tell what "iPhone" means.  Can't delete it, can't click on it to find out who's iPhone it is.  It's just a mystery.  Can't find a combination of that works.  If I just click on "Jane's iPhone", for testing, it's still goofed up.  Why?  Well when I come back in to check the settings, the SW has additional selected on of the "iPhone" options.  Why?  It's a mystery.  This mess needs to be addressed by the Arlo SW developers.  I don't believe there is any way to work around this mess, without a new SW update.

Again, Thanks for reaching out.  Do you see any other workarounds? 

I've gone down the "two-step verification" path as well.  No such relief.

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled, several times to no avail.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My GF has worked well with one exception - it wouldn't allow me to add my wife's phone which wasn't even listed as a choice. 

The multiple phones have been an issue for a while but I believe (without proof) that it's an iOS issue - I run Android. One thing I do is to try to uniquely name phones so it's obvious who has them and perhaps when they were added. AFAIK (maybe way off base), the only place to remove phones is in the 2FA section of your profile. There should be an Edit selection at the top when viewing the phones which can allow you to remove old ones. Does that do anything for you?

Second
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue is all about geofencing not knowing when im in "activated zone" or in "deactivated zone"

Been trying to remove Phone, adding Phone, reninstalled app several times. Remove camera, adding camera and almost anything possible to let the version 4 of the app getting a chance to work. 

First i thought it was my android Phone, then i thought it was my samsung software, then i thought it was Google GPS service not working.. But the only thing that worked, was reninstalling version 3 Arlo app, then suddenly everything works like it should. I believe that Arlo need to face the reallity and fix the broken version 4 for every bug that was not present in version 3. End of story

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo app has to depend on the phone's GPS location. There have been several recent posts about Samsung phones having issues so I'd be tempted to say that's what you're running into. Arlo and Samsung would have to work through the issues to allow things to work right since Samsung changes Android for their own purposes.

Second
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is not a Samsung issue. 

Version 3 works, version 4 does not work. How is that a Samsung problem. 

But for the record i tested with my Oneplus 8T, and it confirm that the geofencing is not working on version 4, but work like it should with version 3.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't had problems with v4.x and my Pixel 6 but another thread indicates that 3 Pixel phones are seeing the issue. I'll have to monitor my phone to see what happens.