Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fast forward through videos in feed/library. How? Fix it!!!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I still can't "fast forward" through the library/folder when looking at videos in the library.  

Somebody (MODERATOR, hint hint) run it up the flagpole so that programmers start to work on it.

I can't figure out how to get this issue turned in to someone that gives a **bleep**. I stumbled through setting/system/support and I can't find **bleep**. What seems to happen on these forums is that you ask a question about something like this, a failure of the system to function like it has in the past, and because you don't phrase it right... the conversation turns in to "well, it's not 'library', it's folder" and we spend the rest of the day arguing about semantics. 

This sites' support system is about impossible to navigate. Too many little nooks and crannies to look for the right link. It's not intuitive or user friendly. Trying to navigate it, stumbling between two sites... the web portal and the "arlo community"....frustrating

So, is it a firmware issue in these Arlo Essential Spotlight cameras?
  Is it a software issue in these cameras?
 Is it software in the "Secure" app?
 Is it a hardware issue?
  It feels like they expect you to know exactly what is causing the problems and the exact terminology to describe it before a dialogue can begin.... like "well, we're going to let you guys set around and guess where the problem lies and provide all the proof that it really is a problem, and maybe we'll look into it. Until then, it's not really a problem, you guys just don't know how the system operates."

It's frustrating, to say the least. (and please don't come on here and say "well, it's a good thing they took away the ability to fast forward through videos, because we've had a lot of people come on here and say "well, I missed viewing an extremely important video that showed my dog getting kidnapped, because I accidentally flicked my finger across the screen and fast forwarded right past it. If only they had removed the F.F. function in an earlier software upgrade, I would have retrieved Fluffy sooner"!!!!!)

How about one of you moderators take the initiative and get the ball rolling?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've passed this feedback along to the development team for consideration.

JamesC

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Well, thank you James... I do appreciate it.  I'm not really mad at you moderators, it's just that it's frustrating having to seemingly "run the gauntlet" to get anything done through non-existent customer support.

The ability to, with the swipe of a finger, scroll from one vid to the next while viewing is sorely needed.... on the phone app.

Yesterday, due to high winds blowing items hanging on a clothesline outdoors... I had 247 videos show up on the library on one single camera. I figure that even though every one of them was probably just a towel flapping in the wind, there was the possibility that a person could have walked past the scene... and if I could just view one right after the other with the swipe of a finger like we used to be able to do, it would be a lot easier on me than the way it is now.