Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Factory reset?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
StephenBooth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had to change network for three Essential Spotlight #VMC2030 cameras. Two joined new networks no problem but the third refuses to join. Found page for factory reset, held sync button as instructed, but LED does not behave as Arlo suggested - no flashing blue, no amber flashing three times. So no factory reset. Any fixes, Arlo or anyone? Please!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the battery charged? Have you tried holding the button a bit longer than 15 seconds?

StephenBooth
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, battery charged around 80% and gone through the 10-15s reset as well as the 20-30s reset. 
Multiple times. 
The LED sequence as indicated by Arlo just doesn’t happen. 
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have a subscription, use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to start talking to official support.

StephenBooth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cheers man, yeah I did that a couple of days ago. Heard nothing yet. 
Like many corporations these days, they prefer their customers to sort out their own issues in a ‘community’.

Saves having to employ human beings I guess…

Rubbish
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem, now got cameras that are no good as cannot reset, why not have a pin hole reset by micro USB port, would be so much easier 

StephenBooth
Aspirant
Aspirant

Excellent. Is this the business model these days? Make products that fail, ignore any complaints and/or requests for technical support and let disgruntled customers moan at each other in a ‘community’ where no-one from the business ever responds?

Bravo Arlo 👏👏👏

Gary_BKK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had very similar issue.  I've never been able to get all 3 Arlo cameras connected to the network and functioning for more than an hour or so before they go offline.  Most of the times they cannot even connect to the network after a factory reset.  I've been going back and forth with Arlo support for over 2 months, but they refuse to offer any new solutions, won't refund my money, and won't replace under warranty.  I ended up buying Eufy 4K cameras and they've been flawless.  I would never trust another product from Arlo, particularly with something as important as home security.