Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential wireless Camera speaker function not working

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
HannaW
Aspirant
Aspirant

got two essential wireless cameras, when I click on the speaker function, the screen just keep loading but never able to speak even I have already turned on microphone and volume as 100% in audio setting for each camera. How to solve this speaker issue? 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Exactly what do you mean by the screen just keeps loading? If the circling arrow never goes away, it won't work so check your phone settings to ensure permissions for the mic are allowed.

HannaW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have already enabled the microphone in phone setting but still the speaker arrow keep circling. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the cameras and your phone. You may also want to reinstall the app.

SMJKR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a similar problem.  New Arlo Essential Spotlight, the ‘speak’ button keeps alternating between ‘connecting’ and ‘tap to mute’.  Tried on two iPhones and an iPad all have the same issue. Removing and adding the camera didn’t resolve the problem. Nor did rebooting the phone. An older Arlo camera connects with no issues.  Is this a hardware issue ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SMJKR,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo Secure iOS mobile app installed from the app store?

JamesC

HannaW
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think have to re- install the app and link the cam even the app is updated version somehow.