Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential video doorbell recording starts late

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
dandgw
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, I just installed my wireless essentials video doorbell. So far so good except the video capture, the recording starts very late. Sometimes catchers me only three or 4 feet from the door and sometimes when I’m right at the door. I don’t know how to adjust this as the sensitivity is now at 100%. It would be nice to be able to capture someone walking up the walkway to the house at least 20 feet. Similar to the 30 feet of the ring doorbell.. Any advice appreciated thanks very much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dandgw wrote:

Thanks for getting back. Yes I just realized that. I don’t see any adjustments at all on the doorbell except brightness. So is the sensitivity not adjustable? The only other thing I see is the zones with the subscription but have not played with that. Not sure if that does anything to start the recording sooner?  

Motion sensitivity is set in the mode for the doorbell, not the settings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you adjusting the motion sensitivity in your modes and rules? The motion test is just that, a test.

dandgw
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for getting back. Yes I just realized that. I don’t see any adjustments at all on the doorbell except brightness. So is the sensitivity not adjustable? The only other thing I see is the zones with the subscription but have not played with that. Not sure if that does anything to start the recording sooner?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dandgw wrote:

Motion sensitivity is set in the mode for the doorbell, not the settings.

dandgw
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you very much. I just followed what you sent me work perfectly. Very easy to do. Thank you again.