Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
KatK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'd like to attach a picture and a video for you guys to review. Can we do that? The link icon is a url 🔗. Maybe I'm missing it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KatK wrote:

This blue orb laser looking things only happen at night. I have night vision on automatic. 

Yes, that is totally expected.  This is called "backscatter".  There's an explanation here:

Not evidence of someone hacking your wifi, and definitely something many of us see in our night recordings.  I've seen it with other IP cameras also.

Here's another article you might check out.  It is focused on Ring cameras, but the advice applies to Arlo as well:

Potential solutions they suugest:

1. Add an IR floodlight to change up the lighting
  2. reduce motion sensitivity a bit.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use the camera icon or the box below the text box to insert pics (I recommend the latter). For a video, just copy and paste a link.

KatK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.

Please try to review video with this link Below. Will not let me paste here. 

If you are able to review video; its the middle video that has been behaving very idf with the laser like orbs. Then the third camera video here  I had just been live in that camera, now its gone so dark. Just not behaving regular.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OOPS! You didn't paste the link. I've done that, too, if it makes you feel better (or worse)...

KatK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a sneeking suspicion it did not paste.
Okay, let me try again:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8glunn1a77iav0/IMG_6858.MOV?dl=0

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KatK wrote:

Then the third camera video here  I had just been live in that camera, now its gone so dark. Just not behaving regular.

The issue here is the high amount of glare on the right of the image (compared with the rest).  That is confusing the exposure algorithm - it is choosing an intermediate value, that gives you an overexposed image on the right, and a underexposed image on the left.

Aiming the camera further away from the overexposed wall would likely fix it.

@KatK wrote:

its the middle video that has been behaving very idf with the laser like orbs. 

The orbs look like dust in this case (in others they might be small insects).

There is no good solution for this.

KatK
Aspirant
Aspirant

This blue orb laser looking things only happen at night. I have night vision on automatic. 

I'm wondering if someone is hacking my wifi. I was told by my wifi that my IOS cloud is somewhat incompatible.... I loud takes over server or domain or something...

Wondering about my proxy settings....

Windering if such a thing exists that my neighbor have an automatic feature to deflect my camera......

I can't shake the concerns. As the front one is predominant with the laser looking orbs and backyard not so much..... The inconsistency here makes me unable to release or understand....

hey, thanks for the help!!!!!! 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@KatK wrote:

Yes, that is totally expected.  This is called "backscatter".  There's an explanation here:

Not evidence of someone hacking your wifi, and definitely something many of us see in our night recordings.  I've seen it with other IP cameras also.

Here's another article you might check out.  It is focused on Ring cameras, but the advice applies to Arlo as well:

Potential solutions they suugest:

1. Add an IR floodlight to change up the lighting
  2. reduce motion sensitivity a bit.

KatK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Stephen B!

I have a friend named the same! 

I understand a little more now.