Essential spotlight dead / solid amber / won't reset

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rothry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Essential spotlight outdoor camera died and after charging it, it remains offline. It is non-functional but has a solid amber light and will not factory reset. 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure the battery is charged? When AC power is applied, the LED should turn on solid blue. WHen resetting, make sure you hold the button long enough and follow this FAQ closely.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Rothry
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I know that "is it charged is a required question," yes it is charged. I've used 2 different Arlo charging blocks and cables. It has been plugged in for hours. The light behavior when plugged in is bizarre. It blinks orange then bright blue then a less bright blue blink again and then turns orange and stays orange. And then it goes blank. I have removed the camera from the app and attempted to reset / reinstall both via the smart hub as well as direct to wifi (the same 2.4 signal that my phone is attached to). Wasted so much time on this. Not loving Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Electronics fail all the time - Arlo is not immune. Use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose your camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer including an RMA.