Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential smart wire-free door bell. With 2 chimes

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Haagendas
Follower
Follower
Hi. I am just about to buy a wired free essential door bell that comes with a chime. Can anyone advise whether I can use the wireless chime and also my existing hard wired chime so I have 2 that go off in different parts of the house when someone presses the door bell or can I only have 1?
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Haagendas wrote:
Hi. I am just about to buy a wired free essential door bell that comes with a chime. Can anyone advise whether I can use the wireless chime and also my existing hard wired chime so I have 2 that go off in different parts of the house when someone presses the door bell or can I only have 1?

Did you actually mean the AAD1001 (audio only)?  Or did you mean the AVD1001 (which has a camera)?

Most hard wired chimes are compatible, so the doorbell should activate the hard-wired chime when the doorbell is pressed.  You can also use the Arlo chime in addition to the hard wired one.

You do need to double-check that the current system uses low voltage AC (16 volts - 24 volts), and that the transformer has at least a 10 VA output.