Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential camera, no devices show for a user

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
RedGuitars
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have one other user and they do not see my two devices on the app (iPhone or iPad). They get notifications and have admin privileges. I removed and reinstalled the app on their phone. No help. 

7 REPLIES 7
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Arlo is trying to migrate users to a new interface app so newly created accounts are forced into using this interface.

If you’re still using the older interface it will not work as they are not compatible.

The older interface uses the library format where the newer interface uses a feed format.

Petet1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with added friend to ac . How can this be fixed 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Petet1 wrote:

I have the same problem with added friend to ac . How can this be fixed 

The first thing to check is that the invitation has been accepted (which is done in the primary account). If it hasn't been, then have the friend click on "create account" in the email on a PC.  That will open the browser to my.arlo.com.  If the account already exists, then they just log into their account.

The second thing is to make sure that both the primary account and the friend account are using the same interface.  This is NOT the same as the app version.  The 4.x app supports both the new (not quite baked) interface and the older one. The older interface has "Library" as an menu choice at the bottom of the screen.  The new one has "Dashboard" and "Feed".

If these are mismatched, you need to migrate the accounts showing "Library" to "Feed".  You do that by going into "add device", and adding either a Pro 5s camera or a home security system.  That will of course fail (since you don't have those devices).  But the process will migrate the account to "Feed". 

There is no way to migrate back to "Library", so if you run into limitations/bugs with "Feed" you will need to live with them.

RedGuitars
Aspirant
Aspirant

We’re both on the newer version. She’s accepted the invite. Gets notifications.  Can no longer see devices. She used to. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming that you mean the new UI, she needs to click on Home at the top and choose the bottom choice. Each user gets their own Home location so she has to choose yours. I suggest renaming at least your Home to make it obvious which one to choose.

RedGuitars
Aspirant
Aspirant

I changed the name of Home to something unique. On her phone the Default Home is the only option. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try deleting her granted access account and re-invite her. Have her accept the invite on a computer - it shouldn't make a difference but...