Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cc676
Follower
Follower
I bought a 3-pack of the Essential Spotlight Cameras, plus one extra because I wanted 4 cameras. I’m not sure which one is doing this, but one of them keeps running down every couple of days, but my others stay charged for a week or more. I set up 3 different activity zones for it, thinking that the camera would only record those zones. Will creating zones only allow those zones to detect motion, or is it just for alerts for those zones? I live on a busy street, so I’m thinking that it’s picking up all the traffic going in front of my house. Is there any way to remedy this problem, or do I need to aim the camera to a different angle so it won’t record the traffic?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

@cc676 wrote:
I bought a 3-pack of the Essential Spotlight Cameras, plus one extra because I wanted 4 cameras. I’m not sure which one is doing this, but one of them keeps running down every couple of days, but my others stay charged for a week or more. I set up 3 different activity zones for it, thinking that the camera would only record those zones. Will creating zones only allow those zones to detect motion, or is it just for alerts for those zones? I live on a busy street, so I’m thinking that it’s picking up all the traffic going in front of my house. Is there any way to remedy this problem, or do I need to aim the camera to a different angle so it won’t record the traffic?

Yes  even outside Activity Zones it still records and the cloud server disregards those recording outside the zone so you wont see them but it still has to record everything. So best is to have the traffic out of view. 

Arlo Camera Placement Tips

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

@cc676 wrote:

Yes  even outside Activity Zones it still records and the cloud server disregards those recording outside the zone so you wont see them but it still has to record everything. So best is to have the traffic out of view. 

Arlo Camera Placement Tips

Lprince
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also check the quality of recording in settings for that camera. The best quality video pulls more battery and lower quality uses less vice versa. So that could be an issue.