Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constant low battery alerts

Discussion stats
Busybonzito
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning I started getting constant push notifications and emails about a low battery. I had to turn off push notifications but I’ve gotten 283 emails in a half hour. I saw another post to remove and resume the camera but I won’t at the house for a couple weeks. Is there any way to stop this behavior which doesn’t require physical access or leave the camera offline?
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue with multiple low battery alerts being sent should now be resolved. 

23 REPLIES 23
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried disabling, turning the toggle off for (Device on) and reenabling through the Arlo app? 

BoKathy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hundreds of alerts even though I remove camera.!!!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing this feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Busybonzito
Aspirant
Aspirant
Two days after I posted this a different camera on the same network started doing the same thing so I was able to try to debug it.

Turning the device Off and then On again did not help, but turning the device off and leaving it off caused the alerts to stop after ~40 minutes. I then turned the camera back on and had no further issues.

Interestingly, both times this happened was early in the morning on the first cold nights of the year (~35F). Both cameras stopped at about the same time of the day (one on its own, one that was turned off). Both cameras significantly drained their batteries in the process (dropping from roughly 15% to 8%). My guess would be that the cold battery browned out on camera wake up, caused a reboot which sent a low battery notification, then boot looped until the temperature rose enough that the battery could handle the peak loads.
travis20
Initiate
Initiate

The low batter warning. 13% battery is the most annoying thing about Arlo devices. How is this not fixed yet. 

Amstenge
Initiate
Initiate
My cameras also are doing the consistent battery warning and it's not due to the cold. I was receiving texts every few seconds. The temperature here hasn't gotten below 60 so it is not a cold thing.
skikab
Tutor
Tutor

This is unbelievable!!! We are getting the low battery warning literally every 5 seconds!! I have removed the camera from our system yet they are still coming!!!!!!! What is going on?? I am about to throw the damn thing in the lake. HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN RESOLVED YET!!!!!! 

skikab
Tutor
Tutor

ON 9/8/21 we were told that the issue was being investigated. It is 9/21 and IT IS STILL NOT FIXED!!!

skikab
Tutor
Tutor

Now a 2nd camera is doing it...I have already received THOUSANDS OF E-MAILS and push notifications every 2 seconds. I can silence the push notifications but have no way of stopping the e-mails!!!!!

suzeo99
Star
Star

Same issue here...also battery went from 100% to 4% in 3 days..used to be a month between charges.  This bug has been happening since July and has not been fixed

AG13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Absolute same issue here. Have received over 250 notifications for two cameras. Three weeks ago I received 115 notification. This is absolutely embarrassing and extremely frustrating as it takes over your phone. It is constant. Dear Arlo please f provide your users an alternate solution!!
User0815_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, please solve, wie have more than one camera, and can't wait so see receiving millions of e-mails. Hope you take more care about the date itself. 

dnoguer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I face the same problem… it had around 50% battery left and this morning (fist cold and wet day) at 7.30 I’m having hundreds of notifications that has under 13% battery. We need a fix!
ROL-X
Guide
Guide

This issue is almost 5 months, still not resolved.

Hundred threads in this forum with same problem, hundreds unsatisfied customers.

Firmware releases and app updates isn't fix this issue.

Looks like arlo dev team is absolutely don't want to hear us about this.

Even new releases is described this problem is solved, but not, problem is NOT FIXED.

Same hundreds notifications every second, same tons of emails, and battery drain with no reasons.

My camera has 88% yesterday, did 2 recordings overnight, and voila,  Drained to 13% and start spamming at 5:15AM.

Bch408
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there a resolution? I am getting like 100 emails an hour.
GT99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Hundreds of emails and notifications once it gets to 13% battery. Driving me insane all the spam!

Hickory444
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine did the same thing last night. I removed all cameras from the app, muted notifications and they still kept coming. I had to turn my phone off. Today I will ha e to delete about a thousand emails.
Cassiana
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue year later! How that could be one year without any activity from Arlo. Worst service
MG457
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  Over 50 notifications within 2 minutes around 4:30 am.   Removing the camera did not help.  The only thing that stopped it was turning off all notifications from the app.

And why is my battery low after 2 - 3 weeks in the first place?

suzeo99
Star
Star

My weekly, "me too" email.  Charged to 100% last weekend, then at 80% then suddenly 13% with hundred of low battery alerts.  This happens every 7 days or less with one or the other of my Arlos.

Brockels
Aspirant
Aspirant
Happening to us now it’s October. Happened after we lost network connection and rebooted the camera. Removed the app to shut it up so it emails every 5 seconds
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue with multiple low battery alerts being sent should now be resolved. 

Joliet
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. It still will not “find” the camera anymore