Connectivity

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Writerman2255
Follower
Follower

Charter emailed me and said that they were no longer 'supporting' 2.4 G routers. So they sent me a new 5g which of course doesn't work with Arlo Essential XL spotlight cameras. So I had to go out and buy a Netgear 2.4/5g router, which I have set up as 2.4 because you can shift between modes. I chatted with Arlo over the course of three days, and they  had me do everything in the book except balance on one foot to correct the fact that setup mode 'can't find' the device. Literally have spent 21 HOURS over the course of three days on the phone, chatting, and with an IT professional. No connecting. The cameras are fully charged. Arlo has promised to call me 'right back' for two days now, and no call. Six cameras still won't connect. I KNOW the Wifi is working, because my Canaries have connected to the new router. So the password etc. is correct. I turned off VPN on my phone, and switched off cellular data. Nothing. What is the one key I need to do, that will have the Arlos connect?  I did everything I was told to do, nothing. I didn't lose my cool yet, but I think I should have. In a word, help.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Writerman2255 wrote:

Charter emailed me and said that they were no longer 'supporting' 2.4 G routers. So they sent me a new 5g which of course doesn't work with Arlo Essential XL spotlight cameras. 

Did you try onboarding from a PC (my.arlo.com).  That sometimes will work when the phone fails.  Connect the PC to the network with ethernet if you can.

Also remove any special characters in the SSID and password (likely support already suggested that).