Car Alarm or Imobilisor interference

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Hurricane344
Follower
Follower
Having an intermittent problem with my arlo wireless camera that is in my car port - the camera is located on the inside rear wall facing into the street - sometimes when I park my car in the car port and lock the car the camera loses contact with the base station - it doesn’t happen all the time but I have noticed it does not happen at all when the car is not locked so my thoughts lead it to be related to the car alarm or immobiliser - I don’t have the issue with other cars parked in the car port just this one model of car. I don’t know if there is a way to change the Wireless signal of the arlo camera to another frequency that is not affected by the cad ! Help !!!
2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would check on what frequency is used by the car. The dealer's service techs should be able to help. I tend to doubt that the car is the problem - I'd wager it doesn't use the 2.4GHz band.

However, interference is always a possibility as is signal strength. Since it doesn't happen all the time, it could be a neighbor's wireless devices. It could also be that the presence of the cars causes signal reflections, affecting how the camera connects. Hard to say without testing and maybe even some dedicated equipment that most folks don't have access to.

Is there a way to rearrange the cars for testing? How about moving the camera and/or router?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The indoor Ess cam only operates on 2.4ghz.... 

I would see if you can add a wifi extender  closer so it is connected to a stronger signal  then test with the car arming/disarming

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------