Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Or Basestation

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dreamthief75
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hoping for some new ideas on what to try.  My 4 Arlo cameras will connect to my base station, and then over 24 - 48 hours will slowly 1 by 1 drop offline.  Between re-syncing, and opening the battery door to reset they will eventually reconnect and then repeat and drop offline after 24 - 48 hours.   2 of these cameras are less than 20 feet from the base station. I've tried deleting the cameras and re-adding them.  Nothing seems to work.  

Gave up on it a year ago, but thought I would see if there are any new ideas.  How can I tell if I had 4 cameras go bad at the same time or a bad base station?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dreamthief75 wrote:

Hoping for some new ideas on what to try.  My 4 Arlo cameras will connect to my base station, and then over 24 - 48 hours will slowly 1 by 1 drop offline.  Between re-syncing, and opening the battery door to reset they will eventually reconnect and then repeat and drop offline after 24 - 48 hours.   2 of these cameras are less than 20 feet from the base station. I've tried deleting the cameras and re-adding them.  Nothing seems to work.  

Gave up on it a year ago, but thought I would see if there are any new ideas.  How can I tell if I had 4 cameras go bad at the same time or a bad base station?

What camera models and base station model do you have?

If you aren't sure, open a camera and remove the battery.   You'll find a label that starts with VMC.  The base station should also have a label that starts with VMB.

If you have an Android phone or a Windows laptop, you can get some information on the wifi strength coming from the base station (there are free apps for both Windows and Android that will scan for wifi networks and give you the RSSI).  Unfortunately that isn't available for iOS - I don't know about Macs.

Looking at the signal strength in the app is also useful, though you can just see the number of bars there.

You might also try powering one of the cameras with a charger, and see if it stays on line for longer (moving it inside near an outlet first).