Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cewmfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Arlo Wire free doorbell and the wire-free spotlight camera. We went months with no issues. Then, the doorbell starting disconnecting from the internet every couple of weeks. It wasn’t a big deal, I would just take it off the mount, take the battery out, and put it back in. That would solve it. This past week, both cameras have been disconnecting with the internet almost constantly. But then it will sense a movement and still record. Sometimes the app will say they’re connected for a little but then it’ll say it’s not connected again. Any ideas on how to fix this and not be resetting them every single day? We haven’t had any issues with our WiFi and no changes to it. We don’t currently use an Arlo home base either, we just use the app. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's still recording, it's still connecting to the servers and working. That means it's a display issue. Try rebooting your phone and reinstalling the app. 

cewmfg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did that right after I got message. I deleted the app, restarted my phone, and made sure both were connected. The doorbell wasn’t connected when I redownloaded the app. So, i went out and restarted it. When I just checked them again, it said the spotlight camera was disconnected. Mind you, I checked back only 15-20 min after I did everything.  

Cyngust
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. My doorbell cam has been offline for a week, but it still records. I cannot access the camera feed from an Android phone and an iPhone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.