Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera no longer detects motion and so not receiving notifications. Tried rebooting/reinstalling.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GraNel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - hoping someone can help. My cameras are no longer detecting motion and therefore I’m not receiving any notifications to my phone. I’ve tried to re-boot base station, remove and re-install app to no avail -  Pressing the button on each camera works but this is utterly useless as a security system as you need 24hr cover not an intermittent system

Any other ideas to fix this please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GraNel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Think I have solved the problem. I removed my base unit completely and reset it up as a new unit I then had to re join my camera to the base. After this I was getting motion detection notices for each camera but no video. I then signed in on my iPad (always use my iPhone) and then all the videos were there. They now show up on my iPhone not surmere why this happen as well but my cameras have worked for 24 hrs no problems.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GraNel wrote:

Hello - hoping someone can help. My cameras are no longer detecting motion

Can you live stream the cameras when the problem occurs?  If so, can you make a manual recording?

Also, have you run the motion detection test?  https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera

GraNel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can live stream and take a photo but they stop recording motion Yesterday I pressed the button on top of the cameras (4) and then they started to work

Record motion until 10:15 pm then this morning camera were still on but didn’t record me leaving should set off 2 cameras This has been happening intermittently for a few weeks

Yesterday it didn’t record me leaving the house At 8am but the recorded movement at 9:30

Graham

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@GraNel wrote:

Yes I can live stream and take a photo but they stop recording motion Yesterday I pressed the button on top of the cameras (4) and then they started to work

Do you use geofencing?  Some users are reporting issues where geofencing fails to activate the correct mode.

GraNel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Think I have solved the problem. I removed my base unit completely and reset it up as a new unit I then had to re join my camera to the base. After this I was getting motion detection notices for each camera but no video. I then signed in on my iPad (always use my iPhone) and then all the videos were there. They now show up on my iPhone not surmere why this happen as well but my cameras have worked for 24 hrs no problems.