Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
psrichmond
Star
Star

Hello, 

We set up 3 cameras at my parents house two weeks ago and charged them all to 100%.  

They are all down below 7% now.  

We saw that one camera was draining quickly early so we disabled the alarms to see if that would help.  It did not.  

So; no recordings, no alerts, no notifications and still almost dead in two weeks. 

I read in another thread that the batteries can drain quickly if the devices are constantly trying to connect to the WiFi.  This might be the case.  My dad turns off the WiFi all day.  Could this explain the battery life?  Are there any steps or settings we can change so it doesn't do this?   

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning off the WiFi is absolutely the issue - the cameras keep trying to connect to a non-existent network. That drains the battery as you've seen. These cameras are all cloud-based and require that connection to be constant.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turning off the WiFi is absolutely the issue - the cameras keep trying to connect to a non-existent network. That drains the battery as you've seen. These cameras are all cloud-based and require that connection to be constant.